**i had lower back surgery 12 years ago for a bulging disc. although the surgery was successful in alleviating much of the pain, I still really have to watch myself in terms of how much weight I can lift and carry and I really have to use great body mechanics or risk the disc in my back relapse. I had to give up golf because the swing was too violent a motion on my back and lead to pain. I also cannot sit for long or sleep in same position without feeling pain despite my surgery. romo will never be the same, he will come back (no doubt) but the impact of several hits by large guys will eventually run it's course, he will continue to miss starts until he finally retires. backs are really tricky for people once they have major surgery, you just can't do what you did before injury without paying the price.

**The whole Cowboy organization made me laugh this week. Romo was rumored to be out for the season on Monday. They really tried to pull the wool over the eyes of The Eagles but as Chip Kelly said "We ain't gonna fall fro the banana in the tailpipe trick". I feel bad that Romo has to go through surgery & hope he gets well so he is healthy enough next year so The Eagles can kick his butt. The way I see it, all is not well in JerryLand.

**The saddest part, this "excuse" will be reason enough for the poor excuse for an owner to justify his continued support of the loser coaches he has hired. Jerry Jones and Jason Garrett needed an excuse for yet another losing season. Now they can blame it on Romo getting hurt. Of course it is somehow Romo's fault that the Cowboys have given up 408 points this year. It is his fault that Jerry Jones went and hired a proven loser for the defensive coordinator. It is also his fault that the Cowboys are still coached by the proven loser Garrett.

**I fully expected this. I'm NOT a Dallas fan, but I couldn't believe some people actually thought Romo might play this weekend. A herniated disk is a SERIOUS injury !! And the back is a very vulnerable thing. It would be just plain CRAZY for Tony to play. I've been dealing with back problems since my early 20's, and back problems are a real #$%$ !!!!! Seems to me that if Romo played this weekend and took a big hit, he could be REALLY messed up, perhaps permanently ! He could sustain a career ending injury. He's doing the right thing, I think.To hell with the play-offs this year. His back, and his future are more important. Get the surgery, and have the entire off-season to get that back healthy again. Smart move.

**Look, I'm no Dallas fan or Tony Romo fan. But that said, all it would take is one clear shot by a 300+ lb. lineman and that could put Tony in a wheelchair for the rest of his life. It just isn't worth it. This team needs work in a lot of other places anyway. So jeopardizing your starting QB for a so so shot at the play offs, not smart. Get him fixed up, get some real help in the draft, let some players go, and start building the team for next year.

**I'm a Giants fan. With that being said, Romo should NEVER have been considered to play. He couldn't walk. The poor guy was hopping he was in so much pain. Those coaches should be fired for even thinking an injury that severe could be played through (actually, I think they are all going to lose their jobs anyway, but that is another story).

**The Dallas Cowboys don't deserve Tony Romo. I don't believe they understand what it is, to not have a real A-list name at the helm. They ask him to carry the entire team on his back and then scream when something goes wrong. JEEZ are they spoiled. Come to KC sometime it's been 43 years since we saw a Super bowl and the same amount of time since we had a quarterback (Len Dawson) The Hunt family couldn't be worse owners. SO THINK ABOUT IT WHEN YA TALK ABOUT ROME CAUSE HE IS PRETTY GOOD!!!!!

**I was a defensive tackle, had my first back surgery in 1974. I am now recovering from my fourth that was done in Oct. this year. I loved football, but I wonder if I would do it again.

**Hey Jerry this is what happens when your QB gets knocked on his #$%$ over and over again and always running for his life because he has zero protection. Do you think Belichick would ever let this happen to Brady, you stupid #$%$. You pay him all that money to take a beating every week ??? Then all the fools who never played the position rip him none stop for not winning talk about a jerkoffowner !!!

**I didn't watch the game--just the highlights--so curious, when did the back injury occur? Is it when he almost got sacked by the leg towards the end of the game, his sock rolled down and then started limping? If so, as a back disc sufferer, seems to me like his disc was already in bad shape. I didn't see any traumatic movement. Just tumbling, hunching over and then back up...That sucks in any event. Tough to end the season like that..

**again the cowboys likely knew this yesterday and before when 6 media outlets reported he was out for the season. also remember orton lost his job to tim tebow and his last meanigful full game was week 17 2011 at denver, when he one a snoozefest 7-3 as the broncos had nothing to play for in that game and showed it

**Personally I would have brought in a running QB such as Vince Young to fill the role of back up to Orton. The reason is in one week it's almost impossible to get timing down with your receivers. It's much easier to have a QB that can keep a play alive with his legs and throw shorter passes. What do you think?

**Birds beware. Another trap game. Orton could be a starter on a number of teams in this league. The fact that we can't predict what he would do makes him, in my opinion, more of a threat than Romo. God bless Tony and the Cowboys. EAGLES, bring home the NFC East Championship.

**I'm in no way a Cowboy fan, but I'm glad that Tony didn't go the Sugar Rae Lenard way, if you recall that fool was a fighter that was told another heavy blow could blind him for life and he took the chance and got lucky. Great move Tony, living a normal life is more important than a damned football game!

**Sensible decision by Romo and Cowboys management to get surgery done. Back issues should never be taken lightly, especially something like a herniated disc. Getting Romo back to 100% is much more important than playing him & risking further injury which could cause permanent damage. Good luck Romo, hope you're back 100% next season. All the best to the 'boys for making the playoffs.....

**Wise decision having the surgery, better to live and play another day and hopefully in better shape. Look what happened to RG3, he came back too soon. My prayers are with Tony and his family and hope for a full recovery. Now it's time for the rest of the team to step up. Tony got you this far lets beat the Eagles. Good luck Tony!

** bulging discs are not fun. I had surgery for an even worse condition, the dreaded herniated disc and things are much better. bulging discs can be painful but once it herniates, surgery is the only option. not sure why a bulging disc requires surgery to be honest. stretching the spine is the way to go with that, but he's a pro athlete, and money is no option.

**I do not believe the prior back surgery was minor and involved more than we are told. Credibility with Jerrah is all smoke and mirrors. On another note, QB should be a priority in this years draft. The 1st and 2nd should go for DE/DT and OG. I believe QB McCarron of Alabama could be available after that and would be a good prospect along with QB Tanney if we can get him back from Cleveland.

**I've had the exact same surgery at the age of 26 and have not been the same since, not 1 good nights sleep in over 12 years with back pain on a daily basis. Anyone that has ever had that "minor" surgery knows that he will NEVER be 100% again. I hate the cowboys but wish Tony a healthy recovery...

**Dear Eric, I presume you were alive on 1/4/10 When TR lead the Pokes in a 24-0 whipping of the Iggles for the Eastern Div crown as both teams finished 11-6, no? So much for 0-3 in Div clinching opportunities! I'm guessing that you were around the following week when he did a second week in a row to beat those same Iggles 34-14! If you want to bash TR, the least you could do is be factually correct!

**Ok, until this week I've never liked Romo, but now I really feel bad for the guy. He was obviously in a lot of pain during the 4th qtr Sunday, and he sucked it up and finished. Then they find out the extent of his injury and Garrett, and Jerry Jones have tried to use the media to guilt him into playing on Sunday, and that's just wrong. I'll bet Jones has something negative to say about him.

**Jerry has wasted another good QB by not having the team around him that he needed to perform his best. Defense is the problem now. Since Jones sent the last defense coach a telegram at the end of last season letting him know he was fired---that coach went to New Orleans and last I heard their defense was second in the league....so... "What the HEdoubleL are you doing Jerry?"

**Just hope they found a good neuro-surgeon to do the micro-surgery on his back...Had mine done years ago, and after suffering for 13 years, I was completely pain free and out running 2 weeks after surgery...It makes a big difference in who does the surgery...

** I'm sure he hurt it by having to carry the General Manager's poor use of free agency and loss of players who could contribute through the draft. Tony Romo is the little engine that could. He has carved out a great career at quarterback in the NFL. Sometimes numbers (wins and championships: like Archie Manning or Dan Marino) do not directly reflect the greatness of play. Football is a team sport. The NFL is a team sport from the front office to the practice squad players. There is a reason the NFL pension begins at 3 1/2 years. Defense still wins championships--ask the 2009 Giants.

**Even if Tony Romo was playing, the Eagles would win easily. So it's smart on the Cowboys' part to start his rehab early, get the surgery out of the way, and prevent any further damage to his back. I am not a Tony Romo fan, but from Dallas' perspective, this is the smart move. Unfortunately they just don't have the pieces (read: defense) to compete for a Super Bowl, and that's not Romo's fault.

**Jones demands control of team. Then he needs to take control. Not let someone walk off the field so he can go cry. No character. True cowboy fans, remember back several years. Coach landry was at the helm. We had a really good linebacker named hollywood henderson. Off the field he ran his mouth in the press. Tom didn't let him on the field on next sunday. Monday morning he was off the team. He ended up trying to make it with the rams but couldn't. Tom kept his players ready and with class or your out. Record for tom's watch, 2-5 in superbowl play. He got there. Did you tickets for jerry also romo. It's the least you could do with all the money jones wasted on you. Good Luck Tony Romo.



0 comments:

Post a Comment