*Ten Bells for a true Champ, and Taps for a great American.
*semper fi big ken thanks for the memories.
*The golden age of boxing......when you could watch a title fight on tv for free.
*Ken Norton senior was a state champion in football in high school and his track coach entered him in 8 track events in 1960? he won all of them and high school athletics instituted the " Ken Norton rule(s)" which limited high school athletes to a max of 3 events in Illinois after that. He was known as the Crab in boxing because of his defensive style of how he held his arms and hands to cover his upper body in defense. RIP Crab I enjoyed many of your athletic accomplishments thanks.
*I was in college and was recovering from a sports injury. I was given an address to go to for rehab. It was Ken Norton's gym in Lake Forest, CA. When I walked in, he was there and he introduced himself. He opened this gym as a way to help himself recover from a terrible auto accident that he said should have left him dead. He ran this gym to help other recover from their injuries. I was shocked when he spent the time with me to make sure I was progressing and healing. He was incredibly kind and this huge man was so soft spoken. He was a great man. My condolences to Ken Norton Jr. and the rest of the Norton family.
*Norton was in the center of a golden age for boxing. Hats off to a great fighter, may he rest in peace.
*Shouldn't it say "Has died" instead of the COLD response "IS DEAD" This generation...
*I remember Ali calling Ken a uncle Tom for his service to America.I think the wrong guy died.
*Ken's son is the Line backer coach for the Seattle Sea Hawks that beat the 49ers last Sunday.
*The golden age of boxing......when you could watch a title fight on tv for free.
* I would of never thought Ali would outlive Frazier and Norton. Legends in classic boxing days.....RIP
*They don't build them like this anymore. This age of boxing is long over unfortunately! RIP.
*He beat the hell out of Ali. RIP Champ!
*This gives me a pain in my heart, and reminds me of how truly great boxing was in the 70's.
*semper fi big ken thanks for the memories.
*The golden age of boxing......when you could watch a title fight on tv for free.
*Ken Norton senior was a state champion in football in high school and his track coach entered him in 8 track events in 1960? he won all of them and high school athletics instituted the " Ken Norton rule(s)" which limited high school athletes to a max of 3 events in Illinois after that. He was known as the Crab in boxing because of his defensive style of how he held his arms and hands to cover his upper body in defense. RIP Crab I enjoyed many of your athletic accomplishments thanks.
*I was in college and was recovering from a sports injury. I was given an address to go to for rehab. It was Ken Norton's gym in Lake Forest, CA. When I walked in, he was there and he introduced himself. He opened this gym as a way to help himself recover from a terrible auto accident that he said should have left him dead. He ran this gym to help other recover from their injuries. I was shocked when he spent the time with me to make sure I was progressing and healing. He was incredibly kind and this huge man was so soft spoken. He was a great man. My condolences to Ken Norton Jr. and the rest of the Norton family.
*Norton was in the center of a golden age for boxing. Hats off to a great fighter, may he rest in peace.
*Shouldn't it say "Has died" instead of the COLD response "IS DEAD" This generation...
*I remember Ali calling Ken a uncle Tom for his service to America.I think the wrong guy died.
*Ken's son is the Line backer coach for the Seattle Sea Hawks that beat the 49ers last Sunday.
*The golden age of boxing......when you could watch a title fight on tv for free.
* I would of never thought Ali would outlive Frazier and Norton. Legends in classic boxing days.....RIP
*They don't build them like this anymore. This age of boxing is long over unfortunately! RIP.
*He beat the hell out of Ali. RIP Champ!
*This gives me a pain in my heart, and reminds me of how truly great boxing was in the 70's.
RSS Feed
Twitter
Posted in
0 comments:
Post a Comment